Who We Are
VCEE is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit working as a public/private partnership – the primary resource for Virginia’s K-12 teachers and school divisions seeking training and classroom resources for economic and financial education, at little or no cost thanks to financial support from partners.
- Required high school course in economics and personal finance
- Inclusion of key economic concepts at each grade level K-12
- Teachers, school divisions, local and state governments
What We Do
“Teach the Teacher” to reach the greatest number of students. Annually, we serve 2500 teachers who reach 250,000 students. These educators impact additional students every year they continue to teach – a strong multiplier effect.
Ensure accessibility to quality teacher training for all school districts through university-based Centers for Economic Education across Virginia.
Make learning fun and engaging through programs such as the Governor’s Challenge in Economics and Personal Finance, Mini Economy, Awards and Scholarships, and the Stock Market Game™.
Why It's Important
Important for Students to learn real-world financial skills
- Better informed decision makers and consumers
- Prudent savers and thoughtful investors
- Reasoned voters and informed citizens
Important for Workforce Development
- Better equipped workforce to meet challenges of fluctuating global economy
- Understanding how economy works and individual’s role in it leads to more productive employees and innovative entrepreneurs
- Understanding of human capital leads to investing in one’s own education
VCEE is affiliated with and accredited by the Council For Economic Education, with member organizations in many states.