2017 Economic Educator Award winners just announced! Click here for winners
Mini-Grants up to $250 are awarded to help all K-12 teachers expand economic and/or financial education in their classrooms. The most effective projects will be eligible for additional cash awards of up to $250. Deadline for Mini-Grants: November 1, 2017.
Click here for Mini-Grant application and report form.
VCEE 2018 Outstanding Economic Educator
VCEE selects an educator with a sustained history of commitment and contribution to economic and financial education and recognizes them as Virginia’s Outstanding Economic Educator for 2018 with an award of $1000. Teachers or administrators may nominate themselves or a colleague. Deadline for nominations: August 1, 2018.
Click here for nomination form.
Teachers, share your success and let us celebrate your innovation! Enter your favorite lesson, unit or performance-based assessment that increased students’ understanding. Awards are given in two categories. A single entry may be considered in all relevant categories.
• Outstanding Economics or Personal Finance Lesson/Unit or Performance-Based Assessment K-12
Entries may include technology such as videos, power points or podcasts.
1st place $1,000
2nd place $500
3rd place $250
• VCEE Institute Graduate
Lesson/unit or performance-based assessment developed and used by a teacher who has completed a VCEE Economics or Personal Finance Institute 2011-2017 and put the knowledge into practice—either in the Economics/Personal Finance course or another course. 1st place up to $1,000. Deadline: August 1, 2018.
Criteria Applicable to Each Category:
- Must have been used in the author’s class within the last three years
- Co-authored entries are acceptable
- If non-original resources are included, appropriate credit must be given
- Must demonstrate evidence of student learning
An award-winning entry will:
- Demonstrate standards-based knowledge of economics/personal finance for targeted grade level.
- Support increased student learning and growth in economics/financial understanding and knowledge.
The Economic Educator Awards are made possible by generous funding from Virginia Housing Development Authority and Virginia Credit Union. Thanks also to our partner The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond for its support of this program.