Please note: All monies and interest noted in these rules are virtual. Other than the one-time team fee for participating teams, all transactions and fees are virtual.
- Teams consist of 2 to 4 students.
- A student may participate on only one team.
- Each team begins with $100,000 (see rule 1 for further explanation*)
- Interest is earned on money not yet invested at an annual rate of 0.75% and posted weekly. (See rule 1 for further explanation)
- Teams may borrow additional funds to invest (going on margin). Cost is 7% per annum and is posted weekly. (see rule 1 for further explanation).
- All buy orders must be a minimum of 10 shares. (see rule 4 for further explanation)
- Trades are limited to stocks above $3.00/share value. (see rule 5 for further explanation)
- A 1% broker fee is charged for all transaction. (see rule 7 for further explanation)
- Trade pricing is real time. (see rules 3 & 9 for further explanation)
- Teams do not have to liquidate their portfolios at the end of the game.
- Winners are based on equity of the portfolio.
- Teams may not hold more than 20% of their equity in a single position.
*The full version of the Stock Market Game™ rules can be found at www.stockmarketgame.org. Log in and go to “Rules of the Game” under “Getting Started.”