The Virginia Council on Economic Education (VCEE) seeks a highly capable professional to manage its resource development efforts, reporting to the President & CEO. The Resource Development Manager will be responsible for the implementation of fundraising strategies for the organization, including: building and broadening the base of major donors; maintaining relationships with and soliciting gifts from corporate, foundation and individual donors; writing grant requests; stewardship activities; record keeping and reporting; and communications in support of fundraising efforts. The Resource Development Manager is responsible for monitoring and reporting to the President and Board of Directors progress toward the attainment of the organization’s annual fundraising goals.
VCEE is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating Virginia’s K-12 students in economics and personal finance to help them succeed in today’s global economy. Working through its nine university-based Centers for Economic Education across Virginia, VCEE provides professional development for approximately 2,000 teachers annually and conducts various programs for students statewide, with nearly 20,000 students participating each year. Established in 1970, VCEE serves as a vital resource for teachers, helping to ensure that Virginia’s students learn about economics and personal finance from a qualified teacher. With financial support from businesses, individuals, and foundations, as well as the Commonwealth of Virginia, VCEE is a strong advocate for economic and financial education and prepares Virginia’s K-12 teachers to effectively teach these subjects.
- Develop and execute an annual Resource Development Plan to raise sufficient financial support from major donors, individuals, corporations, and foundations in support of the organization’s activities;
- Maintain donor relationships through regular contact and stewardship activities;
- Build relationships with major donors and potential donors, working with the President and Board of Directors, through visits, calls, and other networking activities;
- Direct and execute annual giving, major gifts, grant writing and online giving strategies, including special events and donor appreciation events;
- Cultivate new contacts statewide to expand the donor base and increase contributions;
- Monitor and report to the President and the Board of Directors on progress made in achieving specific goals for each category of contributions;
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Manager in support of marketing efforts, fund-raising communications, and public relations activities.
- Manage fundraising efforts effectively through the use of donor management software (Donor Perfect) and close working relationships with the President and staff.
Reports To: President & CEO
Supervisory Responsibilities: May recruit and supervise volunteers
Experience Required: Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, involving relationship management and business communications. Fundraising experience is preferred, but not required. A CFRE certification is highly desirable.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Skills/Abilities: Excellent oral communication skills, superior writing skills, and relationship-building competencies are necessary, along with the ability to collaborate with other professionals, a strong attention to detail, and a high level of initiative. The successful candidate will also have the ability to work effectively with Board leaders, corporate, foundation and major donors.
Other: Must be able to travel to attend meetings and events, some of which are in the evening, and to visit donors and potential donors.
Salary: $55,000-60,000, commensurate with experience and capabilities.
To Apply: Fill out the form below. Please be sure to include a current resume AND cover letter.