Application for the Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellowship ProgramThe Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellowship Program seeks educators who teaches in a school in which 40% or more of the student population receive free or reduced lunch OR 10% or more teachers are provisionally licensed.
- Teaches in a school division a school division in which 40% or more of the student population receive free or reduced lunch OR provisionally licensed teachers
- A licensed teacher with a minimum of 3 years of full-time classroom instruction that consistently integrates personal finance
- Successfully complete a VCEE Personal Finance Institute and/or pass the W!SE exam (next Institute offered in spring 2023)
- Resume with 3 references
- Two letters of support: one of which must be from your direct supervisor; the second may be from administrators, principals, superintendents, mentors, professors, or colleagues
- Personal written statement of why you want to become a Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellow, including teaching philosophy (one-page single space limit)
- One personal finance lesson plan using your school’s lesson plan template illustrating your active learning instructional practices