James Madison University Center for Economic Education
Jun 25, 2019
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Edith J. Carrier Arboretum, JMU
780 University Blvd
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Grade Level: High School, Middle School
Potential Recertification Credits: 5
Join us at JMU’s beautiful Edith J. Carrier Arboretum as we delve into the world of environmental economics.
Teachers will gain valuable content highlighting environmental issues specifically for the Shenandoah Valley.
We will provide creative, hands-on and engaging methods and activities to bring that content to life in your classrooms. This is a can’t miss opportunity for cross-curricular educational opportunities for your students!
Here are the topics covered at this one day event for teachers:
- Environmental Economics: Tragedy of the Commons
- Special Guest: Sigora Solar: Costs of Solar Power
- Renewable Energy: Costs & Benefits Activity
- Mid-Day Break: Complimentary Lunch & Nature Walk
- Economics of Natural Disasters
- Special Guest: Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- How Clean is Clean Enough?
- Economics of Natural Gas vs. Petroleum
Fee: NO CHARGE
Instructor: John B. Kruggel, Associate Director
John B. Kruggel, Associate Director
Center for Economic Education
James Madison University
Register for Econ Day Camp: Environmental Economics
Registration is closed for this workshop.
By registering for this workshop, I agree to allow photography to be taken during the program and used by VCEE or affiliated Centers in their print materials or electronic images.