Virginia Commonwealth University Center for Economic Education
Jan 28, 2021
Thursday, January 21, 3:30-5:30
Thursday, January 28, 3:30-5:30
Grade Level: High School, Middle School
Potential Recertification Credits: 4
The new Third Edition of Financial Fitness for Life (FFFL) 9-12 Teacher’s Edition provides:
- Completely up-to-date content that includes real-world situations
- All content is aligned to national economics and personal finance standards
- All student resources, including slides and exercises from lesson plans are made available on EconEdLink’s FFFL 9-12 Collection
- Coming soon: Lesson plan activities delivered through educational technology tools, including Kahoot! and Quizlet, ready for you to use for free in EconEdLink’s FFFL 9-12 collection
- Teachers at Title 1 schools get a $50 stipend for attending!
This session will help you teach personal finance online or in the classroom. FFFL allows you to measure your students’ progress across four areas of personal finance: earning an income, saving, spending and credit, and money management. Between these four themes there are 22 lessons, each focusing on a different topic and ranging in length from one 45-minute period to a week’s worth of classroom experience.
All attendees of this two-part, four-hour evening workshop will receive a free FFFL lesson plan book (retail price is $40). Participants will take part in active lesson demonstrations while they network and build relationships with other teachers of personal finance and economics.
Fee: NO CHARGE
The session will be designed for teachers of Economics and Personal Finance (EPF), but others are welcome to attend. Space is limited.
This workshop and the accompanying materials are made available to teachers through the generous support of the Charles Schwab Foundation and the Council for Economic Education.
Instructor: Stephen Day
Register for Financial Fitness for Life – New Edition
Registration is closed for this workshop.
By registering for this workshop, I agree to allow photography to be taken during the program and used by VCEE or affiliated Centers in their print materials or electronic images.