James Madison University Center for Economic Education
Apr 29, 2021
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Grade Level: High School, Middle School
Potential Recertification Credits: 2
This workshop will explore how to bring Star Wars universe to your EPF and Civics and Economics courses. Topics discussed will include:
- Using Luke and Anakin to teach the decision-making process.
- What the Mandalorian knows about cost-benefit analysis.
- What the Death Star teaches us about fiscal policy and how the government can crowd out private business in the marketplace.
- How the Hutts represent a cartel.
- Ways the Ewoks and the Empire teach us about economic systems.
Unlike stormtroopers, this workshop is a can’t miss! Get activities you can use to bring the Star Wars universe to your classes.
Fee: NO CHARGE
Instructor: John B. Kruggel, Associate Director
John B. Kruggel, Associate Director
Center for Economic Education
James Madison University
Register for Jedi-Nomics: What the Invisible Hand Teaches us About the Force.
Registration is closed for this workshop.
By registering for this workshop, I agree to allow photography to be taken during the program and used by VCEE or affiliated Centers in their print materials or electronic images.