James Madison University Center for Economic Education
Jan 14, 2021
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Grade Level: Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Middle School
Potential Recertification Credits: 1
This 60 minute workshop will introduce teachers and parents to a NEW video series created by the JMU Center! This series is made for those midweek times when so many kids and parents are learning from home, “Home Front Economics” introduces an economic topic and then sends you on a brief exploration and finishes up with a recap of the topic.
- How your clothes can teach you about trade.
- Ways your home heating system can teach you about decision-making.
- What your home rainwater run-off can teach about how our actions impact others.
- How your food pantry can teach you about the free market
- Many more topics, videos updated weekly
Each video runs about 5-10 minutes total, exploration time for activities is about 20-30 minutes.
This workshop is a can’t miss for our virtual and hybrid learning world!
Fee: NO CHARGE
Instructor: John B. Kruggel, Associate Director
John B. Kruggel, Associate Director
Center for Economic Education
James Madison University
Register for Quick Hit: Home Front Economics: NEW Video Series For At-Home Econ Activities!
Registration is closed for this workshop.
By registering for this workshop, I agree to allow photography to be taken during the program and used by VCEE or affiliated Centers in their print materials or electronic images.