Middle and high school teachers and counselors!
Help students prepare for and make informed decisions about education, career and debt.
Life After High School: Navigating education, career and debt is an important new workshop provided at no charge and held at VCEE’s affiliated university-based Centers for Economic Education:
Feb 8, 2017, 3:45 – 5:45pm James Madison University
Feb 14, 2017, 8:30am – 3:00pm Virginia Tech
Mar 16, 2017, 8:30am – 3:30pm Lynchburg College
Apr 5, 2017, 8:30am – 3:00pm James Madison University (Rockingham County and Harrisonburg in-service)
Aug 18, 2017, 9am-3pm Old Dominion University
Sept 29, 2017, 9am-3:30pm Virginia Commonwealth University
Workshops and resources will assist teachers in helping students make informed decisions about:
- setting goals and making choices, decision-making models to weigh costs & benefits and tradeoffs
- investing in yourself
- choosing a post-graduation path: college, another education avenue or career
- choosing a college and a major
- paying for higher education – loans, grants and scholarships – what to consider and how to apply
- managing money and controlling debt
A representative from the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond will also provide an overview of Invest in What’s Next. This online course allows students to explore their options and develop a budget and plan that works for them.
Thanks to sponsors of the Fund for Teaching Excellence who make VCEE Institutes, including these workshops, possible at no charge to teachers or school divisions.