Middle and high school teachers and counselors!
Help students prepare for and make informed decisions about education, career and debt.
Life After High School: Navigating education, career and debt is an important 6-hour workshop provided at no charge and held at VCEE’s affiliated university-based Centers for Economic Education.
or contact Sarah Hopkins Finley at email@example.com (804)827-1211 for more information
Workshops and resources will assist teachers in helping students make informed decisions about:
- setting goals and making choices, decision-making models to weigh costs & benefits and tradeoffs
- investing in yourself
- choosing a post-graduation path: college, another education avenue or career
- choosing a college and a major
- paying for higher education – loans, grants and scholarships – what to consider and how to apply
- managing money and controlling debt
Ready for a preview now? Click here for a Life After High School resource packet.
A representative from the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond will also provide an overview of Invest in What’s Next. This online course allows students to explore their options and develop a budget and plan that works for them.
Thanks to sponsors of the Fund for Teaching Excellence who make VCEE Institutes and workshops possible at no charge to teachers or school divisions.