This cohort of highly-qualified Personal Finance Teacher Fellows will offer personal finance professional development and resources to other teachers in their school, school division, and region. In this way, the VCEE can dedicate more personal finance resources where they will have a meaningful impact. We believe this investment will help improve education opportunities and economic equity in Virginia’s underserved communities by ultimately improving the financial knowledge and skills of middle and high school students.
It is with the greatest pleasure that we announce our first ever Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellows!
- Amanda Flowers | Halifax County High School, Halifax County Public Schools
- Michael Gardner | Churchland High School, Portsmouth Public Schools
- Iris Gibson | Langston High School Continuation Program, Arlington Public Schools
- Charlotte Hayer | Richmond Community High School, Richmond City Public Schools
- Jackie Herrmann | Deep Run High School, Henrico County Public Schools
- Shannon Ison | Landstown High School, Virginia Beach City Public Schools
- Ingrid Johansen | George Wythe High School, Richmond City Public Schools
- Andi Johnson | Roanoke Technical Education Center, Roanoke City Public Schools
- Sharon Paul | Hayfield Secondary School, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Timothy Pemberton | John R. Lewis High School, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Jeremiah Riesenbeck | Roanoke Technical Education, Roanoke City Public Schools
- Rhonda Russell | Hampton High School, Hampton City Schools
- Alice Stocks | Granby High School, Norfolk Public Schools
The Virginia Personal Finance Teacher Fellowship Program is sponsored by: Bank of America | State Farm | Truist Foundation | Virginia Council on Economic Education | The William R. Kenan, Jr. Charitable Foundation