April has so many amazing things going on and School Library Month is one of them! School Library Month is the American Association of School Librarians’ (AASL) celebration of school librarians and school libraries. Celebrate School Library Month by joining our Reading Makes Cents program. Reading Makes Cents is a financial literacy reading program, available to K-5 students and librarians across the state of Virginia.
Here’s how it works:
- Complete your application for three free books with library binding courtesy of VCEE partner Virginia529.
- Download free lesson plans, activities and discussion questions to use with your students.
- Encourage your students to read other titles from our curated Reading Challenge list.
- $500 worth of financial literacy books for your school library
- $529 college savings accounts for your students
- Recognition for your hard work